Free The Girls
Rigby & Peller is a proud sponsor of Free The Girls, a non-profit organization that provides job opportunities to survivors of sex-trafficking by selling gently used bras.
We will be hosting our annual Bra Drive October 15th -31st . For each bra donated you'll receive $10 off every new bra purchased. Donations are possible in boutiques only.
Bra facts from Free The Girls
We often get the question “Why bras?"
Bras provide the following:
1. Great Income. Second-hand clothing is a thriving industry in many countries around the world. Bras are usually sought after items and command top dollar in the marketplace.
2. A safe environment. Bras provide an opportunity for these women to work with other women, since they have a history of being abused and used mainly by men.
3. A flexible schedule. Many of the women we work with were sold into prostitution as children, only 8-10 years old. Because their lives were stolen from them, they missed out on going to school and getting an education. Having their own small business selling bras allows them to work as much or as little as their school schedule permits.
4. A sustainable model. The women in our program receive their starting inventory as a donation and are then able to buy additional inventory from Free The Girls for below wholesale value to help maintain their competitive edge in the marketplace. Revenue from inventory sales covers our overseas program costs so our international programs are sustainable.
5. A minimal effect on local markets. There is no doubt that second-hand clothing had an effect on local production of clothing in Africa in the past. However, researchers have shown that the current impact is far less than would be assumed.
If you want more information on Free The Girls organization you can visit there website here.
Don't forget to stop by one of our boutiques October 15th - 31st and donate your gently used bras.